Frequently Asked Questions:
- How are the eyelash extensions applied?
- How long does the application of eyelash
- How long do eyelash extensions last?
- Can I do eyelash extensions myself?
- Do eyelash extensions make my own eyelashes
- Should I be careful in choosing who applies the
eyelash extensions and should they be trained?
- Can I still wear eye makeup?
- Can I wear mascara?
- Can I curl eyelash extensions?
- What are fills, why do I need them, and how often
do I need them?
- Do the synthetic eyelashes come in different
lengths and thicknesses?
- Is the eyelash glue and glue remover safe?
- Can the eyelash extensions be removed?
- I had eyelash extensions applied somewhere else
and I am unhappy with them. Can they be fixed
- Eyelash Extension Facts
Eyelash Extension Facts:
1. The industry term “eyelash extensions” applies to single synthetic eyelashes only. Groups of synthetic eyelashes are called flares, clusters, and tabs. They are heavier than eyelash extensions, applied with temporary glue, and not recommended to be worn for long lengths of time.
2. Eyelash extensions are not “one size fits all.” Everyone’s eyes and eyelashes are different and eyelash extensions should be customized to each individual to suit their look and ensure the health of their natural eyelashes.
3. Natural eyelashes grow to a finite length (different for each person), fall out, and are replaced by new growth just like the hairs on your head. When eyelash extensions are applied and maintained correctly they will grow out with your natural eyelash and still be attached to the lash when it sheds.
4. Natural eyelashes are constantly growing in and falling out at different times so your eyelash extensions will, too! There is no set amount of time that eyelash extensions will last because they will shed with the natural eyelash they are attached to when it grows out and that time varies for each person. Due to growth cycles and different stages, the best estimate is that you will shed 1-3 natural eyelashes per day – including those with extensions and those without extensions. Fills are necessary approximately every 3 weeks to maintain the full and thick appearance since there’s new eyelash growth that now needs an eyelash extension attached.
5. You should be seeing your natural eyelashes and extensions fall out together. This is normal. If your extensions fall off before the natural eyelash the adhesive bond wasn’t strong enough or maintenance instructions were not followed correctly.
6. Eyelash extensions should not damage your natural eyelashes. In the hands of an experienced lash artist your natural eyelash health is maintained. This is achieved with proper isolation of the eyelashes when adhering the extensions, the quality of the product used, and using minimal adhesive for maximum results.
7. Eyelash extension adhesive is designed to create a permanent bond between the extension and the natural lash. It is nearly impossible to remove extensions yourself without damaging your natural eyelashes. See a professional if you need to have the eyelash extensions removed so they can be removed in the proper manner.